Our office offers vision therapy and orthokeratology services for children and adults. We use a holistic yet practical approach to helping our patients attain the best vision possible and improved quality of life through enhanced visual skills.
Our main practice location is in the heart of Silicon Valley in West San Jose, adjacent to Cupertino and allows for easy access from freeways 85 and 280. Depending on the type of vision problem, we are able to do vision therapy with patients as young as 3 and have worked with patients up to their 80s. Dr. Shao sees patients at his main office in West San Jose and his satellite office in central Fremont.
About Dr. Benny Shao
Dr. Benny Shao received his doctorate from the Southern California College of Optometry and is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (www.covd.org). He is also an associate member of the Optometric Extension Program (www.oepf.org) and the College of Syntonic Optometry (www.csovision.org). Dr. Shao is a Bay Area native who received his bachelor’s degree from UC Berkeley in Neurobiology and has been in practice since 2001. In his spare time, Dr. Shao enjoys playing guitar, drums, and hiking.
Why Choose Us?
- Dr. Benny Shao is board certified in vision therapy. There are fewer than 10 doctors in the entire San Francisco Bay Area who have undergone this certification process.
- All of Dr. Shao’s patients are under constant supervision during vision therapy, they are not simply handed off to a vision therapist.
- We see patients at more than one location throughout the Bay Area.
- We focus on vision therapy alone rather than on providing eyewear. We focus on providing the most in depth neuro-optometric exam and vision treatment possible.
What We Offer
We provide vision therapy rehabilitation for the following vision problems:
Does your child’s eyesight continually get worse year after year? Small deviations in visual alignment may be inducing excess stress on your child’s eyes and causing eyesight to worsen rapidly. We can…
In many types of strabismus we are able to straighten the eyes through natural therapy without resorting to invasive eye muscle surgery. We retrain the brain to utilize both eyes simultaneously to…
We can treat lazy eye and help get your child’s eyesight to normal. If you’ve tried patching and vision has stopped improving after hitting a plateau, give us a call and we…
Are you or someone you know suffering from the after-effects of head trauma? In the US, over 4 million head injuries are reported each year due to sports, recreation, work related injuries,…
Orthokeratology is a treatment for myopia which utilizes a specially designed contact lens worn during sleep. The lens reshapes the eye so that the patient is able to see clearly during the…
- Our patients undergo vision therapy with constant doctor supervision.
- We serve our patients in multiple locations in the Bay Area.
- We have enough experience to know how long treatment will take.
- We monitor your child’s performance to ensure that improvements in visual skills translate to improvements in normal life.
Our Core Values:
DEDICATION to SERVE: This business exists in order to improve the quality of life of our patients whose vision impedes their capacity to function successfully in all areas of life.
KNOWLEDGE: We do our very best to stay on top of the knowledge base required to help our patients. If we cannot help, we will let our patients know.
INTEGRITY: We live and operate by the highest of moral standards.
TEAMWORK: We work with other professionals to help us serve our patients.
EDUCATION: We believe that continuous education allows us to develop the best treatment options to our patients.
PROCESSES: We believe that by having the optimum processes in place we can deliver the best results to our clients with the highest efficiency.
VALUE: We believe in delivering results to our patients at a rate that they can afford.
INDIVIDUAL: Every patient is different and we individually tailor our programs to best suit our patients’ needs.